The Green Homes Grant covers a variety of energy saving home improvements such as insulation, double glazing, replacing old boilers and low-energy lighting.
To access the Green Homes Grant, homeowners are required to undertake an energy efficiency measure from a primary category before they can access other secondary measures such as windows and doors, and the measures need to be undertaken at the same time.
Furthermore, glazing replacement needs to meet the following criteria:
- Where single glazed windows are replaced and upgraded to double or triple glazed;
- Where secondary glazing is installed (in addition to single glazing);
- Where doors were installed prior to 2002 and are replaced with energy efficient ones;
Green Homes Grant – Primary Measures
- Insulation: Solid wall, cavity wall, under-floor, loft, flat roof, room in roof, park home.
- Low carbon heat: Air source heat pump, ground source heat pump, solar thermal
Green Homes Grant – Secondary Measures (only accessible where undertaken as part of other energy efficient measures under the above primary category):
- Draught Proofing
- Windows and Doors
- Heating Controls and Insulation
Are all properties eligible?
The following properties are eligible:
- All owner-occupied homes (including long-leaseholders, shared ownership)
- Landlords of private rented sector domestic properties
- Landlords of social sector domestic properties (including LA owned homes)
- Park home owners (for residential sites including Gypsy and Traveller sites)
- For the low-income scheme, only owner-occupied properties and park homes are eligible.
These properties are not eligible:
- New-build domestic properties
- Non-domestic properties
Homeowners will be able to start applying for the Green Homes Grant scheme online from the Simple Energy Advice service website at the end of September 2020 where they will be directed to a list of accredited local suppliers. They will need to obtain a quote from an accredited supplier and have the type of work approved for the voucher to be issued.